REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST Client: Da AfghanistanBreshna Sherkat (DABS)Country: &&nbs Bres; AfghanistanProject: &nb nbsp; Her at Electrification Project (HEP)Project ID No.: &n bsp; P-162022Position: International ElectricalEngineer &nnbsp; &nbEngineer
- To review and approve electrical detail designs, layouts,SLD for all substations, Transmission Line and related D istribution Networks.
- Support PIU in preparation of feasibilitystudy and load survey for distribution and transmission l ine and substations.
- Assist DABS team in Supervision of theSubstations and Transmission Line’s contractors.
- The electrical engineer will be responsible to report theoutstanding problem to DABS World Bank funded project Director and CO O.
- The individual shall assist Project manager inmonitoring the project progress.
- Support team in preparationof Technical reports on monthly/ Quarterlybasis.
- Any additional assignment given by WB funded projects Head.
- If required, individual will visit thesite on regular basis to assess the work progress and quality of work done by contractor.
- Review, check and approval ofall major electrical equipment supplied by the contractor.
Na ghlu Hydropower RehabilitationProject:
- The electrical engineer shall assist and advise project manager i n monitoring associatedelectrical work for rehabilitation of unit 1 and overhauling of unit 3.
- Assist the site engineer and DABS in solvingoutstanding challenges with the contractors.
- Managing and attending weekly and monthly meeting with t he contractors toensure the smooth progress on the contractor works.
- To provide technical support to teams of engineers and electricianin their undertaking of disassembly / assembly / Inspection of the shaft.
- To review the design shaft docu ments andensure DABS that the shaft is as per the order.
- To assist DABS in preparation of specification for mandatory sp areparts of the plant.
- Arrangement of safety measures for protection of workers and equipment during handling, shifting andinstalling different components of plant.
- To provide technical advice to operational and support departments in the daily operation of the facility.
- To train teams and staff in developed or modified processes andprocedures.
- To provide O&M manual for NHPP.
- To provide technical support for NHRP electrification project surrounding the reservoi procedures.
- Close coordination with DABS COO in solving the outstandingproblems of the projects.< mplementation team in preparation and extension of electrification program.
- Toprovide technical advice to operational an d support departments in the daily operation of the facility.
- Co-ordinatework schedules and supervise team activities toensure efficient operation.
- To monitor and where necessary certify workhas been accomplished in compliance with airwort hiness and company requirements.
- To undertake any additional tasks andresponsibilities that may be assigned by Head of W orld Bank funded Projects.
The individual willassist the APSDP project:
- To ass ist APSDP manager in preparation of the project close outreport.
- The consultant will support DABS in supervision of Char ikar, Pulikhumri and Jabal Sarag distributionnetworks.
- To assist in preparation of RFQ for any electrical equipment requ ired for Switchyard of NaghluSubstation.
- Any additional assignment given by WB funded projects Head.
& nbsp;Theindividual shall contribute on DABS planning and capacity support project for:
- Tosupport DPCSP team in preparation of training need assessment for all DABS staff.
- To assist the pro ject manager tosupervise the staff capacity building project.
- To assist DABS in approval of electrical design of DABS tr ainingcenter.
- To assist the Project Manager in supervision the work of the contractor of training center to ensure DABS theproject is advancing as per the contract.
- The individual will review the training Aid equipment if need to modify thespecification and equipment.
- The individual will be responsible to prepare the cost estimation for the training aid equipment.
Additional work:The consultant will be responsible for below additional workswhich are not limited to:
- Support DABS World Bank funded Projects Working Group during the procurement process, upp wto and including the award of contract.
- Address all received comments on the technical biddingdocuments.
- Res onsible as permanent member of technical evaluation committee.
- Will assist DABS in preparationof ToRs/Proposal for proje cts.
- The individual will support DABS World Bank funded Project working group incoordination, facilitation, management, monitoring, check, review, quality control/assurance of the entire process ofprojects,
The Services are expected to be carried out over a period of 12 (twelve) months commencing from May 01, 2018. The draft Term of Reference (TOR) may be o btained through email from Mr. Sayed Jawad Hadi (email:firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.comDa Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (D ABS) now invites eligible applicants to express theirinterest in providing the services. Interested applicants should provide infor mation demonstrating that they have the requiredqualification, relevant experience and capability to perform the services. Logistical Arrangements andContracting:The contract will be a time-based payment contra ct and include a period of 264 working days.It is expected that signing of the contract will be finalized by Early May, 2018 and th e selected candidate will be required tostart immediately. Consultant’s remuneration is based on (i) agreed upon unit rates m ultiplied by the actual time spent bythe staff in executing the assignment, and (ii) reimbursable expenses using actual expenses an d/ or agreed unit prices. DABSofficial will supervise the consultant works, who will be involved in the daily execution of the assignment. The consultant would be required to spend about 80 percent of his or her time inAfghanistan. DABS will arrange to provide a secured guest house or hotel and transport for the consultant to and from the airport annd to and Afghanistarom its offices, and for any field trips/meetings. The assignment will terminate upon completion of contractperiod, but i y, may be extended with mutual consent.The Criterion for selectionis:
- Should have Mas ter Degree in Electrical Engineering from recognized University with 10 yearexperience in energy sector (Substation Design and Cons truction/ Transmission Lines and Distribution Networks) or Bachelor Degreein Electrical Engineering from recognized University with15 year experience in energy sector (Substation Design and Construction/Transmission Lines and Distribution Networks).
- Experience in power generation shall be an addedadvantage.
- Experience in Afghanistan shall be added advantage.Fluent in speaking, reading and writing inEnglish Language, understanding of local languages (Pashto-Dari) shall be an added adva ntage.
The attention ofinterested applicants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants[under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers,
January 2011 ( Revised July 2014) (“ConsultantGuidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. T he Guidelines are available at www.worldbank.org/procure
.Appl icants are requested tosubmit their interest letter along with up to date CV (Curriculum Vitae) no later than 07 April 2017. The su bject line of theletter should clearly indicate “Expression of Interest for the position of “International Elec trical Engineer– HEP” and send to the following address: B estRegards!Riaz AlokozaiHuman Resource Directorate Manager-HR, RecruitmentEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: +93729003034 Note: DABS email@example.com&will not be held responsible for late receipt or non-receipt of any documents sentthrough